Royal Mail Trading update for the nine months ended 25 December 2016


Royal Mail plc (RMG.L) today issued a trading update covering the nine months ended 25 December 2016.

Moya Greene, Chief Executive Officer, Royal Mail plc, said:

“Our postmen and women delivered a great service at Christmas, even better than last year, with 138m parcels handled in December alone. Our comprehensive planning, which started much earlier this year, enabled us to deliver this service for our customers right across the UK.

“Group revenue in the first nine months was in line with our expectations, with 9% revenue growth in GLS offsetting a 2% decline in UKPIL revenue. UK parcel revenue was up 3% with volumes up 2%. Total letter revenue was down 5% with addressed letter volumes, excluding elections, declining by 6%.


See Also