Company: WTC Ward Transport & Logistics Corp
Job Title: Central Billing Clerk – Part-Time
Salary Range: Competitive Hourly Rate
Area of Interest: Administrative Support
State / Province: Pennsylvania
JOB TITLE: Central Billing Clerk
REPORTS TO: Central Billing Supervisor
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: Always services the customer first through a role involving accurate data entry of information from customer’s bill of lading into Ward’s freight bill system. Upon successfully completing training period and sustaining bills per hour and error ratio, candidate may be provided the option to work from home at the company’s discretion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Accurately enter data from the customer’s bill of lading / shipping order into Ward’s freight bill system.
· Work with employees at service centers via the telephone to gain clarity on bills that may be unclear.
· Work to provide customer satisfaction by learning and understanding customer’s unique requirements in the billing process.
· Respond to customer and employee questions via the telephone demonstrating Ward’s standard for telephone etiquette.
· Completes assignments on a timely basis.
· Shows high level of teamwork within the Billing Department.
· Maintain billing at 45 bills per hour and less than 1.5% error ratio.
· Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Billing Supervisor, Rates and Audits Manager and/or Director of Pricing.
· Fully support all technologies and processes, introduced by Ward, that are intended to improve efficiencies and/or the customer experience. Support would include adherence to training programs, guidelines and processes associated with these systems.
· Must be able to work evening hours / hours required.
· Must have excellent data entry skills.
· Must be proficient in business math and analytical skills.
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with employees at other locations.
· Must have basic ability to use office equipment such as computer, calculator, photocopier, fax, etc.
· Must have strong organizational skills.
· Previous background knowledge of transportation industry preferred.
· Must be able to work hours as needed.
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.