We have set up targets for our three key CSR initiatives. By doing so, we add value to society.
Environment and climate
- Subcontractors required to lower their greenhouse gas emissions with the aim to improve DSV’s energy efficiency per transported activity by 15% by 2015 compared to 2012 figures.
- The Road Division (including its subcontractors) must use Euro 5 engine vehicles for at least 60% of all road transport in 2013.
- Automatic energy management systems must be installed or screening for potential energy savings carried out in 75% of all DSV buildings by 2015.
- 75% of all DSV locations must recycle paper in offices and paper, plastic and cardboard in terminals and warehouses by the end of 2013.
Business ethics and anti-corruption
- Our code of conduct must be communicated and made available to all employees
- The number of reported Category A of our code of conduct must be zero (Category A is the most comprehensive reporting category of the whistleblower programme)
- All managers must have completed training in our code of conduct by the end of 2014
- 25% of all DSV entities must have carried out an internal CSR audit by the end of 2013
Employees and working environment
- DSV complies with internationally proclaimed human rights
- DSV must reduce the rate of occupational accidents every year and by 25% in 2013 compared to 2010 figures
- DSV satisfies national legislation on labour standards
- All subcontractors of DSV must be encouraged to observe the supplier code of conduct, and it must have been communicated to 75% of all subcontractors of the Group (measured by total value of procurement) by the end of 2014.