At PITT OHIO, the success of our organization can be attributed to our employees’ dedication, pride and outstanding work ethic. Our most significant resource is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment that allows each employee the opportunity to perform to his or her greatest potential.
Requirements for Drivers and Dockworkers:
- PITT OHIO has a preferred age of 18 years, or older, for dockworkers at PITT OHIO.
- A minimum of 18 years of age is required.
Class B Driver
- A minimum of 21 years of age is required.
- All Class B drivers must have a minimum of one year experience as a driver of a commercial or non-commercial motor vehicle, similar to the type utilized by PITT OHIO.
Class A Driver City
- A minimum of 23 years of age is required.
- All city tractor trailer drivers must have two years of verifiable driving experience or a minimum of one-year verifiable driving experience and diploma from an approved accredited driving school.
Class A Driver Line Haul
- PITT OHIO has a preferred age of 25 years for line haul drivers.
- All line haul drivers must have two years or verifiable over the road driving experience (approximate 100,000 miles) or 12 months verifiable over the road driving experience and possess a diploma from an approved, accredited driver training school.
Career Advancement Opportunities at PITT OHIO:
Driver / Dock Advancement Program – PITT OHIO offers a driver advancement program for employees to further their position within the company. Career advancement opportunities are offered from Dockworker to Sprinter Driver or Class B CDL; and Class B CDL to Class A CDL.
Apprenticeship Program at PITT OHIO
Our Apprentice Program is designed for individuals with limited experience. PITT OHIO will develop an individualized program, including training with: dock work, sprinter van, straight truck and tractor trailer. If you are interested, check with one of our recruiters or hiring managers to see if you qualify for our Apprentice Program.