Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty – Founder, Chairman and Managing Director of DTDC Courier & Cargo Ltd.:
Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty has pioneered the franchisee-based business model in the Express industry. Under his leadership, DTDC entered its third decade of operations in India and remains a frontrunner among the leading express companies across the country. He has been instrumental in DTDC’s success in India and in building an efficient international network spanning 240+ global destinations. Through his vision of a unique franchise-based business model, many entrepreneurial dreams have been realized in the form of a strong workforce that represents DTDC today across the country. This model has been emulated overseas and is also studied as a business case by leading management institutes. Mr. Chakraborty is a Gold Medallist in Chemistry from the University of Calcutta and has an Advanced Management Program diploma from ISB to his credit.
Details of some of the awards and recognitions received by Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty, and Industry leadership positions held by him are as below:
- Rashtriya Udyog Ratna Award by National Education & Human Resource Development Organization (NEHRDO) in 2012, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the society, economy of the country and the national life.
- Entrepreneur of the Year (Consumer Services) Award for 2011 by Franchise India Holdings Ltd. and Bloomberg/UTV for Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty’s continuous contribution in the field of Consumer Service.
- Global Golden Indian Award and Gold Medal for the year 2011 by Institute of Economic Studies recognizing Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty’s contribution to the Trade, Industry and Economical Development of the country.
- Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty has held the position of the Honourable Secretary in Express Industry Council of India (EICI) since 2005 and is also a part of its Top Management Committee.
- Life Fellow Membership of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), India affiliated with CILT London
- Board Member of ITM Institute of Financial Markets, Mumbai since 2008
- Ex-President of DTDC Tollygunge Agragami, one of the national level Football clubs
Mr. Suresh Bansal – Director, DTDC Courier & Cargo Ltd.:
Mr. Suresh Bansal heads Strategy, Marketing and Expansion of the group. Mr. Bansal is a management specialist, with more than 20 years of international management experience and corporate planning in the Services industry. He is also on the Board of DTDC US, DTDC UK, DTDC Dubai, DTDC Worldwide Express Ltd., SMS Courier & Cargo Limited, DCG Tech Limited and T2P Consultants Limited.
He has led and managed global companies in India, Europe and North America. He was on the board of Linkhand Management Limited UK, Global Consultants Inc. USA, Melstar UK and Melstar Inc. US. He has also set up state-of-the-art offshore development facilities in India for IBM, Citibank, Informix and BP among others. He manages DTDC’s business relationships in US, UK, UAE, Japan, Germany, Switzerland, Australia and Singapore. He has been responsible for building and implementing IS0:9000 and CMM level practices for DTDC. Under his leadership DTDC is increasing its global footprint and diversifying its portfolio into new products and services. Mr. Bansal has completed an Advanced Management Program from ISB and a Strategic Management Program from Harvard Business School, USA.
He was also the Promoter and Chairman of Melstar Information Technologies Limited, a traded company on BSE and NSE
Mrs. Tapasi Chakraborty – Founder Director, DTDC Group of Companies:
With a distinction in science graduation from Calcutta University, Mrs. Chakraborty has contributed immensely right from the inception to the overall development of the company. She is also the Director of Millennium Motors Pvt. Ltd. and DTDC Retail Courier Ltd.
Ms. Arpita Chakraborty Mittra – Director:
Before joining DTDC, she was associated in the field of Training & Development of soft skills for various call centres for US-based companies. An engineering graduate from SIT Tumkur, she has also worked in a multinational company and gained experience in managing Customer Service. She joined the DTDC Board in 2001. Based in Kolkata, she is now Director, Customer Care and COO of Eastern Zone.
Mr. Abhishek Chakraborty – Executive Director, DTDC Courier & Cargo Ltd.:
An Electronic Engineer with Post Graduate Diploma from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB), Mr. Abhishek Chakraborty was previously associated with a leading management consulting firm. He is a management specialist with expertise in contemporary management and is spearheading the new business initiatives in the company. He is the architect behind many new business developments in DTDC such as Premium Express Products (PEP) division, Retail division and DTDC New World among others. He has played a key role in re-shaping DTDC’s operational footprint, including introduction of on-board courier (OBC) operations and the re-engineering of operational infrastructure. Mr. Chakraborty has also directed technological innovations such as GPS-enabled fleets, mobility devices for real-time tracking and transition to a SAP-environment in the organization. His initiatives have re-defined DTDC’s sales approach by transforming DTDC into a potential Logistics Solutions Partner for its target customers, capable of addressing all their needs, rather than only a vendor.