Mumbai, February 5, 2014
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia’s premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, today declared its financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2013, at its Board Meeting held in Mumbai.
The Company posted Rs. 23.04 crores profit after tax for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. Income from Operations for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 was Rs. 505.41 crores.
The Board of Directors have declared an interim dividend of Rs. 35/- per equity share. The record date for the same has been fixed as February 17, 2014.
Anil Khanna, Managing Director, Blue Dart Express Limited said, “Despite tough economic challenges, Blue Dart has delivered value to its stakeholders by incorporating high benchmarks and quality standards in every aspect of business. Blue Dart has steered through successfully with a clear focus on fundamentals like Quality, Consistency, Reliability, Passion and Commitment. With this holistic approach, Blue Dart will remain an undisputed leader in the industry and consistently achieve higher growth in the years to come”.
He further adds, “With several accolades to its credit, Blue Dart is one of the most awarded, admired and best managed companies in India. We will serve in “Blue Dart Country” with a business and human conscience to remain the Provider, Investment and Employer of Choice and continue with our Living Responsibility credo”.
About Blue Dart:
Blue Dart Express Ltd., South Asia’s premier express air and integrated transportation & distribution company, offers secure and reliable delivery of consignments to over 33,867 locations in India. As part of the DP DHL Group (DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding & DHL Supply Chain), Blue Dart accesses the largest and most comprehensive express and logistics network worldwide, covering over 220 countries and territories and offers an entire spectrum of distribution services including air express, freight forwarding supply chain solutions and customs clearance.
The Blue Dart team drives market leadership through its motivated people force, dedicated air and ground capacity, cutting-edge technology, wide range of innovative, vertical specific products and value-added services to deliver unmatched standards of service quality to its customers. Blue Dart’s market leadership is further validated by numerous awards and recognitions from customers for exhibiting reliability, superior brand experience and sustainability. Some of these include SUPERBRAND and ‘Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brand Platinum Award’, one of ‘India’s Best Companies to Work For’ by The Great Place to Work® Institute four times in a row, ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Cause of Education’ – Global HR Excellence Awards 2011-2012, BSE Best CSR Practice Award and 22nd CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Fair Business Practices Award – 2010 in the category of Service Enterprises (Medium) to name a few.
PART I (Rs in Lakhs)
|1.||Income from operations|
|(a)Net Sales / income from operations||50,541||47,102||45,835||142,962||130,572||216,206|
|(b)Other operating income||9||58||103||100||345||445|
|Total income from operations(net)||50,550||47,160||45,938||143,062||130,917||216,651|
|(a)Freight,handling and servicing Costs(net)||36,158||32,001||28,458||98,390||83,831||141,023|
|(b)Employee benefits expense||6,532||6,893||6,296||19,810||18,506||29,828|
|(c)Depreciation and amortisaton expense||681||683||682||2,037||2,167||3,448|
|3.||Profit From operations before other income,finance costs and exceptional items||2,656||3,496||5,683||10,322||14,438||23,182|
|5.||Profit from ordinary activities before finance costs and exceptional items||3,444||4,352||6,524||13,806||16,876||27,123|
|7.||Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items||3,443||4,351||6,524||13,803||16,876||27,122|
|9.||Profit from ordinary activities before tax||3,443||4,351||6,524||13,803||16,876||27,122|
|11.||Net Profit from ordinary activities after tax||2,304||3,006||4,501||9,375||11,784||18,866|
|12.||Extraordinary items (net of tax expense)||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|13.||Net Profit for the period||2,304||3,006||4,501||9,375||11,784||18,866|
|14.||Paid-up equity share capital(Face value Rs 10/- per share)||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373||2,373|
|15.||Reserves excluding Revaluation Reserve as per Balance Sheet of previous accounting year||62,593|
|16.i||Earnings per share(before extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
|16.ii||Earnings per share(after extraordinary items)(of Rs.10/- each)(not annualised)|
PARTICULARS OF SHAREHOLDING
|-Number of shares||5,931,984||5,931,984||5,931,984||5,931,984||5,931,984||5,931,984|
|-Percentage of shareholding||25.00||25.00||25.00||25.00||25.00||25.00|
Promoters and Promoter Group Shareholding
|-Number of shares||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total shareholding of promoter and promoter group)||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|-Number of shares||17,975,950||17,975,950||17,975,950||17,975,950||17,975,950||17,975,950|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total shareholding of the promoter and promoter group)||100||100||100||100||100||100|
|-Percentage of shares(as a % of the total share capital of the company)||75.00||75.00||75.00||75.00||75.00||75.00|
|Particulars||3 months ended 31/12/2013|
|Pending at the beginning of the quarter||–|
|Received during the quarter||1|
|Disposed of during the quarter||1|
|Remaining unresolved at the end of the quarter||–|
- Net Sales/income from operations(inclusive of fuel surcharge and currency adjustment factor)has recorded an increase of 10.27 % for the quarter ended December 31,2013 as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
- The Company had changed its Accounting year to commence from 1st April of every year and to end on 31st March of the following year,to proactively comply with the Companies Act,2013. Consequent to this,the previous accounting period was for the fifteen months period from January 1,2012 to March 31,2013.
- ACMI Charges(forming part of Freight,handling and servicing costs)for the quarter and nine months ended December 31,2013 includes a one time amount of Rs.1,200 lacs provided for the repair of a returned leased aircraft engine.
- The Board of Directors have declared an interim dividend of Rs.35/- per equity share. The record date for the same has been fixed as February 17,2014.
- The Company is primarily engaged in a single segment business of integrated air and ground transportation and distribution of time sensitive packages in India and is managed as one entity for its various service offerings and is governed by a similar set of risks and returns. The said treatment is in accordance with the guiding principles enunciated in the Accounting Standard on Segment Reporting (AS-17) as notified under Section 211(3C) of the Companies Act, 1956.
- The prior period’s figures have been regrouped and reclassified wherever necessary to conform to current period’s classification.
- In accordance with the requirements of Clause 41 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges,the Statutory Auditors have performed a limited review of the Company’s financial results for the quarter ended December 31,2013. There are no qualifications in the limited review report issued for the above period.
- The above results were reviewed by the Audit Committee and were thereafter approved by the Board at its meeting held on February 5,2014.
By Order of the Board
For Blue Dart Express Limited
Note: Express Tracking now provide blue dart tracking service, have a try.